Happy Lupus Awareness Month!
Good Morning, and I hope you are all starting your Sunday's off with an abundance of Spoons, mine are lacking so I am rocking my newly created Spare Spoon necklace that you can see in the post below (new Lupus Swagger?- I think YES!) I'd like to start off by saying May Is Lupus Awareness Month- And During this month it's time to bring more awareness and bring Lupus into the public eye! There are so many ways you can help get involved too for Lupus Awareness month- many of which you may not even think of- because they are so very simple! So here is a list of ways you can help raise awareness!
1. Take one of the fantastic Lupus Awareness Month Photos from your favorite Lupus Foundation (Here's a link to the SLE Lupus Foundation's Facebook page where you can find a ton!) Simply share it on facebook- send it to family and friends with a small note to inform them of Lupus Awareness month, or simply set it as your facebook default to help spread awareness!
2. Share a fact a day about Lupus as your status or send an email to friends and family informing them of interesting facts and statistics about Lupus! These can be found on the LFA's page- www. Lupus.org!
3. Start your own donations or fundraising page- There are a bunch of ways you can fundraise for Lupus research- whether it's through a walk that you are taking part in, collecting donations from loved ones, or starting an online donation page such as first giving , or a page of hope. First select what organization you want to fundraise for there are a ton: SLE Foundation, ALR (Alliance for Lupus Research) LRI- Lupus Research Institute, the LFA, etc. It goes on and on! Usually Lupus patients have a favorite or a couple that they tend to work primarily with or favor!
4. Create or download informational material and hand them out! It could be as simple as using our CHRONICLYsILLy Lupus Information Brochure that you can download up top- or finding one you like online, or even creating your own on a computer using programs such as Microsoft word, publisher, or any others, photoshop etc.
5. WEAR YOUR PURPLE AND ORANGE! Rock your colors proudly to represent Lupus!
And do not forget: May 10th is WORLD LUPUS DAY! Also check your local chapters and see what events they may have in the upcoming month! A lot of the times Lupus Awareness Month is crammed with activities, festivals, walks etc. that help you become more involved in the Lupus Community and meet and network with other fellow Lupies!